Carlos Vela injured as LAFC fall to rivals LA Galaxy
Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) fell to their first defeat of the regular season falling 2-0 to local rivals Galaxy in 'El Trafico'.
Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) resumed the 2020 Major League Soccer (MLS) season by hosting the Los Angeles Galaxy on Saturday afternoon and lost 2-0. Just before the half hour mark, the visitors went 1-0 via an Ethan Zubak header from close range. The Galaxy then doubled its lead in the 54th minute as Sebastian Lletget latched on to a Julian Araujo assist.
Mexican forward Carlos Vela made his first appearance for LAFC since March 8, but was substituted with an injury in the second half. "We are going to have to wait to know more about his injury. It is great to have him back but Carlos Vela didn’t play well today, he wasn't active or dangerous. He looked like somebody who hadn’t played a game in a long time,” said LAFC coach Bob Bradley after the game.
LAFC falls at home
LAFC remains in 4th place in the Western Conference with a 2-1-3 record (9 points). Next up for the Black & Gold is a trip to Rio Tinto Stadium to take on Real Salt Lake on 26 August. LAFC coach Bob Bradley seemed disappointed about the team’s performance against city rivals.
“We were terrible today and we have assumed our mistake. A day like today is not acceptable for LAFC because of the way we play and we didn’t have any flow or rhythm,” added Bradley.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Stimulus Check Second stimulus check: what’s in the GOP bill to be voted on this week?
- Coronavirus stimulus checks Second stimulus check: US coronavirus relief bill update
- Coronavirus Stimulus Check What have Biden and Trump said about second stimulus check?
- Premier League Man Utd and Liverpool in European Premier League talks - report
- Inter Milan Conte: Inter better prepared to contend in Champions League
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Ramos ruled out of Real Madrid's Champions League opener