Raina to miss IPL for personal reasons
Batsman Suresh Raina has returned to his homeland and will play no part in the Indian Premier League for personal reasons.
Chennai Super Kings batsman Suresh Raina will miss the entire Indian Premier League for personal reasons.
The Super Kings on Saturday revealed Raina had left the United Arab Emirates to return to his homeland three weeks before the tournament gets under way.
"Suresh Raina has returned to India for personal reasons and will be unavailable for the 2020 IPL season. Chennai Super Kings offers complete support to Suresh and his family during this time." CSK chief executive KS Viswanathan said in a statement.
The announcement comes a fortnight after the 33-year-old retired from international cricket.
The loss of Raina is another blow for CSK in a week when at least 10 members of their camp reportedly tested positive for coronavirus.
One India player is said to among those who returned positive tests, with the majority being members of the support staff.
Te recomendamos en English
- US | CHILD TAX CREDIT Child Tax Credit October 2021 payment: what to do if I haven't received it?
- US NEWS | STIMULUS What is Fed tapering and how could it affect new stimulus check?
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands
- LIGUE 1 Mbappé nets controversial late PSG winner against Angers
- SOCCER Transfer stories: Madrid target Lewandowski and Pogba as Barcelona eye Sterling
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool's Salah on verge of more Premier League history