Sevilla win race for Real Madrid's Óscar Rodríguez
Óscar Rodríguez starred last season despite suffering relegation with Leganés – now he is set for Sevilla and the Champions League.
Sevilla have won the race for the highly coveted Óscar Rodríguez, who arrives from Real Madrid on a five-year deal.
Óscar, 22, will reportedly cost Sevilla €16million for 75 per cent of his ownership rights, with Madrid retaining the remaining 25 per cent.
Another gem from Madrid's Fábrica
The gifted midfielder came through Madrid's academy, known as La Fábrica, but had spent the two previous seasons on loan with Leganés in LaLiga, helping them to preserve their top-flight status in 2018-19.
Leganés were unable to repeat the feat in 2019-20 as they were relegated on the final day of the season, but Óscar still managed to enjoy a fine campaign individually.
His haul of nine goals made him Leganés' top-scorer and he also supplied a pair of assists.
A fine technician and dead-ball specialist, Óscar's arrival will help alleviate the loss of Ever Banega.
Experienced Argentine playmaker Banega joined Saudi Arabia's Al-Shabab after helping Sevilla to a sixth Europa League crown against Inter.
Óscar had been strongly linked with several other clubs, particularly Milan, but he moves to the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuán where he will get a taste of Champions League football.
The transfer caps a special couple of weeks for the midfielder, who received his first call-up to Spain's senior side on August 20.
It is reported that, as part of the deal, Sevilla will keep Madrid informed of any bids they receive for highly rated centre-back Jules Kounde.
Te recomendamos en English
- RYDER CUP 2021 Ryder Cup 2021 full schedule: participants, match dates, and times
- NFL Panthers at Texans: Fantasy Start ‘ems and Sit ‘ems
- REAL MADRID Mbappé: 100 days until PSG star can negotiate with Real Madrid
- Nagelsmann on Rudiger to Bayern rumours: I'll have to see if I have any money in my wallet!
- 76ers and Doc Rivers want to convince Ben Simmons to stay amid trade talk
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals extend streak, Rays clinch playoff berth