Tonali turned down Barcelona and United to join AC Milan, says Cellino
Brescia president Massimo Cellino has confirmed that Sandro Tonali wanted to join Milan despite having offers from Barcelona and Manchester United.
Sandro Tonali turned down Barcelona and Manchester United because he preferred a move to AC Milan, Brescia president Massimo Cellino has claimed.
Tonali is a three-time Italy international and starred for Brescia in 2019-20, although they were relegated from Serie A. The 20-year-old was heavily linked with a move to Inter, but is now set to join Milan. Cellino said Tonali was eager to join Milan despite offers from Barcelona and United.
"In January we received an offer of €65million from Barcelona. Not later than 10 days ago we received an offer of 10 million higher than Milan's from Manchester United," he told Top Calcio 24. "But the lad was determined to join the Rossoneri."
Cellino added: "I know that [Antonio] Conte has thought a lot about Tonali, but I was also convinced that he was going to Inter. But at a certain point the boy didn't want to hear anything anymore and went to Milan."
Te recomendamos en English
- International Soccer Mexico 2-3 Ecuador summary: score, goals, highlights, exhibition match
- MLB Braves vs. Astros commentary, scores, stats and updates: World Series Game 2
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands
- NFL Report: Cardinals DE J.J. Watt could miss rest of season
- NFL Who plays Thursday night football?
- NBA Lakers outclassed in Oklahoma in a night of NBA surprises