Depay: Barcelona target aware of interest but unsure about future
Lyon's Netherlands international Memphis Depay is aware of interest from other clubs, but is unsure what his future holds.
Memphis Depay says he is aware of interest in his services amid links with LaLiga giants Barcelona, but is unsure if he will make a move.
Depay a target for Barcelona and Roma
Lyon attacker Depay is being targeted by Barça, where former Netherlands coach Ronald Koeman has taken over, and Roma.
"We just have to see what will happen"
The 26-year-old former PSV and Manchester United man knows there is interest in him, but said it remained to be seen whether he would move.
"We just have to see what will happen. I'm going to report to the club [Lyon] tomorrow [Tuesday]," Depay told NOS after the Netherlands' 1-0 loss to Italy in the Nations League.
"Then we'll see. I have not heard much further from my agent. I know there is interest, but I don't have much else to say about it because I don't know much about it."
Opening-day Ligue 1 hat-trick for Lyon
Depay scored 15 goals in 22 games for Lyon last season despite suffering a ruptured anterior cruciate ligament in December.
He started the 2020/21 Ligue 1 season with a hat-trick against Dijon last month.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 29 July
- GOLD CUP Mexico vs Canada, Gold Cup semi-final: how to watch - times, TV, online
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 29 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GYMNASTICS Simone Biles suffers twisties: What are they? How do they affect gymnasts?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo Olympics: Luka Doncic 'dominating the Games like no player in 30 years'
- OLYMPIC GAMES Golfer McIlroy praises Biles and Osaka for raising mental health awareness