Barcelona's dilemma, put faith in Fati or bring in Memphis Depay...
Discussions are rumbling among club executives about the possible need to bring in the Dutch international from Lyon or deposit faith in Ansu Fati.
For some time now Ansu Fati has been touted as an ideal 'false 9' for the team despite debate still rumbling about the teenagers best position on the pitch with the player more comfortable on the left wing. His goalscoring knack has many at the club clamouring for the player to be used in a more central attacking role for the Barça.
Catalan sports daily, Mundo Deportivo have added their standpoint to the debate with an article entitled: "Dilema Ansu" (The Ansu dilemma) where they claim that an internal debate is afoot at the Catalan club with certain individuals anxious to secure the services of Memphis Depay with others advocating that Fati should be given the responsibility of playing centrally despite moving him away from his more natural position
The forthcoming friendly games against Nastic and Girona may reveal plans that new coach Ronald Koeman holds for the teenager with the Dutch coach always keen to bring through and develop younger talents.
Ansu still holds a 'B team' contract with the club and is current deal with Barcelona expires in 2022 with a buy-out clause of 170 million euro attached to his signature. This clause will increase automatically to 400 million when Fati moves to a first team contract with a negotiation process currently underway between the club and the player's representatives to pen an improved deal.
Te recomendamos en English
- GOLF Tiger Woods congratulates history-making Matsuyama
- MANCHESTER UNITED Greenwood and Rashford need another year of Cavani at Man Utd - Neville
- QATAR 2022 Lusail will be the last World Cup stadium to be inaugurated
- REAL MADRID Zidane won't risk Hazard for Real Madrid clash with Liverpool
- BAYERN MUNICH Lewandowski back running as Muller targets Bayern victory over PSG
- QATAR International Table Tennis Federation awards Aspetar