Alex Morgan set to join Tottenham Hotspur
According to The Athletic, there will be another female American soccer player in English football as Alex Morgan is set to join Tottenham Hotspur.
Alex Morgan will be flying to England to play with Tottenham Hotspur in the Women’s Super League. According to The Athletic, once the deal is done she will be the fifth United States women’s national team star to try her luck in the English competition.
Morgan is currently playing for Orlando Pride, but the U.S. club has reached an agreement to send her on loan to Tottenham for the rest of the 2020 season. The 31-year-old striker has been out for over nine months because she was pregnant, and since giving birth in May she has been working out to get back in shape.
View this post on Instagram
Other American players in England
Earlier this summer Sam Mewis and Rose Lavelle joined Manchester City, while it is also rumored that Christen Press and Tobin Heath could join rival club, Manchester United. Morgan, a two-time World Cup champion, has been a goalscoring machine for the USWNT, scoring a hugely impressive 107 goals in 169 caps.
She had previously played overseas with French club Lyon during the 2016-17 season, and after that season she returned to Orlando Pride. She was set to rejoin the NWSL team on Monday to resume training but plans have changed and now she is on her way to England to sign a short-term contract with Tottenham.
Te recomendamos en English
- RYDER CUP 2021 Ryder Cup 2021 full schedule: participants, match dates, and times
- NFL Panthers at Texans: Fantasy Start ‘ems and Sit ‘ems
- REAL MADRID Mbappé: 100 days until PSG star can negotiate with Real Madrid
- Nagelsmann on Rudiger to Bayern rumours: I'll have to see if I have any money in my wallet!
- 76ers and Doc Rivers want to convince Ben Simmons to stay amid trade talk
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals extend streak, Rays clinch playoff berth