Ulysses Llanez moves to Heerenveen on loan
Wolfsburg have reached an agreement with Heerenveen which will see the 19-year-old United States international play in the Netherlands this season.
There was more good news for the United States Soccer Federation as many of their young players have made headlines in this summer's transfer market. The latest young footballer to make the headlines is Ulysses Llanez who will be playing in the Eredivisie this season. The teenage forward is under contract with Wolfsburg who have reached an agreement to loan him to Heerenveen for the rest of the season.
The 19-year-old will spend the whole season with Heerenveen to gain experience in Europe, as he was not playing often with Wolfsburg. Llanez did not debut with the first team last season but with the U19 team he played 16 games and scored 11 goals.
Started his career with LA Galaxy
Llanez started his career with the youth teams of Los Angeles Galaxy where he played with the U16/17, U18/19 and LA Galaxy II teams. There, he only scored three goals and left to join Wolfsburg last year to try luck in European football.
Other US players in the Eredivisie
Ulysses Llanez will join fellow Americans Sergiño Dest (Ajax), Richie Ledezma (PSV), Chris Gloster (PSV), Luca de la Torre (Heracles) and Sebastian Soto (Telstar). With the exception of Dest, the other young American players are hoping to have a breakthrough season with their respective teams.
Sergiño Dest has been linked to several clubs this summer but remains an Ajax player. PSG, Bayern Munich and several clubs from Spain, including Barcelona, have asked about the American but no formal offer has been presented to Ajax, with whom he is under contract until 2022.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: FDA approves Pfizer for 12-15 year olds, side effects, Indian variant...
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $2,000 monthly stimulus, Golden State payment tracker, Child Tax Credit...
- Barcelona - Atlético Madrid Messi and Suárez to face off for first time in title decider
- PREMIER LEAGUE Bale hitting top form as Real Madrid star mulls Spurs stay
- Inter Milan Lautaro: I nearly joined Messi at Barcelona and Real Madrid tried to sign me twice
- REAL MADRID Juventus look to Zidane as replacement for Pirlo