Zack Steffen is ready to make his debut with Manchester City
Manchester City’s manager Pep Guardiola named Steffen as the team’s second goalkeeper ahead of the 2020/21 season after Claudio Bravo’s departure.
Zack Steffen has been named Manchester City’s second goalkeeper ahead of the 2020/21 Premier League season. The United States goalkeeper was sold to City in December 2018 in an historic transfer for MLS team Columbus Crew. Since Claudio Bravo exited the team this summer, Pep Guardiola decided to put the American behind first choice keeper Ederson
Experience in European football
The 25-year-old goalkeeper has experience in Europe after making 17 appearances on loan for Fortuna Dusseldorf last season. After a great season in the Bundesliga, Manchester City bought him for $6.60 million.
Steffen could make his first team debut in the EFL Carabao Cup on 24 September when City face the winner of the third round tie between Bournemouth and Crystal Palace. Since he arrived in England, Steffen has said many times that he wants to learn from the best so that he can improve and eventually become a regular starter. “My mentality since arriving in Manchester is to work hard, learn each day, improve and enjoy the experience,” he said.
Te recomendamos en English
- Trump vs Biden USA election 2020 presidential debate Trump vs Biden: time, TV and how to watch live online
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- US Election 2020 US Election 2020: when are the presidential debates and how many will there be?
- US $300 unemployment benefits: will there be a new round of payments in October?
- NFL Why are the Raiders being investigated by the NFL?
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: US Covid-19 relief package update