Jefferson Farfán will continue his career in Major League Soccer
Several media outlets in Peru are reporting that Jefferson Farfán will continue his career in Major League Soccer, but it is unknown what club he will play for.
For several weeks it was rumored that Jefferson Farfán wanted to continue his career in Major League Soccer and now several media outlets in Peru are reporting this news. The Peruvian striker is in negotiations with an unknown team and his manager is working on the contract details.
The 35-year-old striker declined offers from clubs in Europe and Mexico because he liked the amount of Peruvians that live in the United States and due to how competitive the league has become. If Farfán arrives in the MLS there will be eight Peruvians from the national team that are playing in the league.
- Pedro Gallese (Orlando City)
- Edison Flores (DC United)
- Andy Polo (Portland Timbers)
- Raúl Rui Díaz (Seattle Sounders)
- Alexander Callens (NYCFC)
- Marcos López (San Jose Earthquakes)
- Yordi Reyna (DC United)
29 October last day to sign players
Since the MLS runs a different schedule to all other leagues around the world, their transfer window closes on 29 October. So any club in the league has until then to negotiate a contract with Farfán and sign him to play for the remainder of the season.
Jefferson has been a professional football player for 19 years starring for PSV Eindhoven, Schalke 04, Al-Jazira and Lokomotiv. The striker played in the last World Cup with Peru and he has scored 147 goals in 479 club games.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Does Medicaid cover dental? How can I find a clinic that accepts Medicaid?
- US NEWS Who controls gas prices in the United States? How can the price of gas go down?
- US NEWS Why are gas pricing increasing in October 2021?
- SOCIAL SECURITY How many numbers are in a Social Security Number?
- SOCCER Pelé moving 'closer to the goal' as Brazil great continues recovery
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE New setback for Atlético Madrid's Marcos Llorente