Álvaro González denies racially insulting Neymar
The investigation into the incident in the PSG - Marseille game continues, with the Spanish player giving evidence to an investigating judge.
Álvaro González has given evidence to the investigating judge probing an incident between the player and Brazilian star Neymar, during the PSG - Marseille game earlier this month. According to sources close to the investigation consulted by this newspaper, the defender insists that at no point did he racially abuse the PSG player.
Álvaro continues to deny he racially abused Neymar
Álvaro’s statement to the judge comes a day after Ángel Di María was suspended for four games for spitting at the former Villarreal player during the bad tempered match. Álvaro is standing firm in his denial that he never used racist insults towards Neymar, despite the Brazilian star’s accusations. Neymar was sent off for striking the Spanish player.
The Disciplinary Commission of the French league will release their findings on the incident on 30 September. González could face a 10 game ban, while Neymar is facing a 20 game ban for alleged homophobic comments towards Álvaro and racist comments towards Sakai, who is he alleged to have called a “Chinese shit”.
Recommended in English
- SOCCER Which players have won the most Ballons d'Or?
- BALLON D'OR When did Cristiano Ronaldo win his Ballon d'Or awards? Seasons and stats
- BALLO D'OR When did Messi win all of his Ballon d'Or awards? Seasons and stats
- NFL Mac Jones continues his case as best rookie QB of the season
- NFL Cam Newton’s dreams of being Panthers savior shattered
- SOCCER 2021 Ballon d'Or awards ceremony: times, TV, how to watch and stream