Inter Miami: Higuaín misses penalty in unhappy debut
Ex-Real Madrid and Juventus striker Gonzalo Higuaín struggled on his debut for Major League Soccer franchise Inter Miami.
Striker Gonzalo Higuaín endured an unsuccessful debut for Inter Miami as his new side were beaten by Philadelphia Union in Major League Soccer on Sunday.
Higuaín misses from the spot as Inter Miami defeated
Higuaín, signed after leaving Serie A champions Juventus, missed a penalty as his side suffered a 3-0 loss at Subaru Park.
The former Real Madrid forward almost made a dream start to his career in the United States, hitting the outside of the post with a bicycle kick in the 20th minute.
With his team trailing 2-0, Higuaín had a chance to get Inter Miami back into the game in the 77th minute, but he blazed a penalty over the crossbar.
Higuaín's fourth straight penalty miss
Higuaín has failed to score with his past four penalty attempts in all competitions, as per Opta.
4 - Gonzalo Higuaín has failed to score with his last four penalty attempts in all competitions. Skied.— OptaJack (@OptaJack) September 28, 2020
Anthony Fontana, Ilsinho and Brenden Aaronson were on the scoresheet for Philadelphia as struggling Inter Miami were left in second bottom in the Eastern Conference.
Te recomendamos en English
- Space Missions Where did the SpaceX capsule splashdown?
- NFL Colts vs Rams: Eric Fisher possible starter, coming back after Achilles surgery
- Not this one Jimmy Greaves 1940-2021: English football's greatest ever goalscorer
- Soccer Crisis at Manchester United: Solskjaer rejects Ferdinand's Ronaldo
- PREMIER LEAGUE West Ham vs Manchester United live online: scores, stats and updates, Premier League 2020/21
- NBA NBA star Giannis Antetokounmpo visits Greece with mother and brother