Aston Villa land Barkley in loan deal from Chelsea
Ross Barkley will bid to revive his career after joining in-form Aston Villa - who called his signing "a real coup" - on loan from Chelsea.
Aston Villa have signed attacking midfielder Ross Barkley on a season-long loan deal from Chelsea.
Barkley had made three appearances for Frank Lampard's side in the early stages of the new campaign – scoring in last week's EFL Cup win over Barnsley – but will now spend 2020-21 with Villa.
Villa boss Dean Smith described the signing as "a real coup" as his in-form team look to build on their narrow Premier League survival last season.
Barkley, 26, joined Chelsea from Everton in January 2018 and has been part of squads who have won the FA Cup and Europa League.
However, he has started just 28 Premier League matches in his two-and-a-half-year stay at Stamford Bridge amid struggles under Frank Lampard to recapture his peak form and fitness displayed while at Everton.
Experience at international level
Barkley has 33 caps for England, last appearing at international level in a match against Bulgaria in October 2019.
He joins a Villa team who have won all four of their matches so far this season, two each in the Premier League and EFL Cup.
— Jack Grealish (@JackGrealish) September 30, 2020
"Capturing a player of Ross's quality is a real coup for our club and I am certain he will thrive here and improve our team," said Smith as the move was confirmed on Wednesday.
Te recomendamos en English
- Olympic Games Zverev sorry for sinking Djokovic's Golden Slam hopes
- Tax Refund How many Americans will receive the $1600 Tax refund payment?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Women´s 100m final, USA Basketball, medal count, results, today 30 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER Henry Martín could miss Mexico’s game against South Korea
- OLYMPIC GAMES What's the top speed of a 100m sprinter?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | ATHLETICS What are Usain Bolt's records on the Olympic track? 100m, 200m...