India's death toll nearing 100,000 following Friday's spike
India continues to report more than ,new daily infections with Covid-19 related fatalities nearing 100,000 as deaths rose by 1,095.
India has reported on Friday a spike of 81,484 in coronavirus cases, with the country's tally soaring to 6,394,069 cases. The country has also registered 1,095 Covid-19 related deaths over the past 24 hours. The country currently comprises 942,217 active coronavirus cases while 5,352,078 people have been cured and discharged.
Following recent surges in deaths, the country is expected to cross the landmark figure of 100,000 deaths either tonight or tomorrow as the last announcement made by the ministry of health revealed that fatalities stood at 99,773 with the South Asian country achieving a death rate of 1.56%.
According to the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), as of 1 October when 1,097,947 samples were tested on, the total number of samples collected to be tested reached 76,717,728.
Easing restrictions contributes to cases increase
However, a steady increase in numbers is expected to continue in the upcoming days especially amidst the constant relaxation of lockdown restrictions by the Indian center. The government has recently issued new guidelines regarding lockdown restrictions that were initially imposed in March due to the Covid-19 pandemic outbreak. The new guideline that included reopening of cinema halls and allowing schools to open in a gradual manner will be in force from 15 October.
The new guidelines almost included easing all kinds of restrictions on various industries except for limiting indoor gatherings to 200 people on the condition that only 50% of the place's capacity can be occupied along with the continuity of international flights suspension till the end of October.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Why weren’t the funds from the $3000/$3600 child tax credit sent with the stimulus check payments?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Golden State Stimulus: How to claim the extra $500 under the California Comeback Plan
- Boxing Boxing legend Mike Tyson believes that Floyd Mayweather is going to win against Logan Paul
- Coronavirus Pfizer Vaccine Approval: When and where can children 12-15 get vaccinated?
- CORONAVIRUS US How to score the Clear Health Pass covid-19 vaccine passport?
- CORONAVIRUS US Covid-19 vaccine for tourists in New York: how much and where can people get it?