Oyarzabal out of Portugal game after 'non-negative' PCR test
Spain travelled to Portugal without Mikel Oyarzabal, who produced a "non-negative" result in his latest PCR test.
Mikel Oyarzabal did not travel with Spain to Portugal for Wednesday's friendly after testing positive for coronavirus antibodies.
UEFA guidance on such PCR test results is that Oyarzabal should not be present at the stadium, despite not posing a risk of spreading Covid-19.
While Adama Traore withdrew from the squad in similar circumstances in September, Oyarzabal will remain in contention for the Nations League matches against Switzerland and Ukraine on Saturday and Tuesday pending further tests.
A statement from the Royal Spanish Football Federation read: "Mikel Oyarzabal did not travel with the national team to Portugal and is out for the friendly match in Lisbon after receiving the results of the last PCR carried out at Las Rozas.
"The Real Sociedad forward has been non-negative, although he has highly positive IgG antibodies, so he can carry out his professional activity with absolute normality and exercise with his team-mates since he does not pose any risk of contagion.
"In this sense, the UEFA protocol, as happened with Adama in September, recommends not going to the stadium if the result of the PCR is not totally negative.
"According to Spanish legislation for returning to football, Oyarzabal could train normally and play in official competitions, after the relevant periods from his first positive, if he remains without symptoms and has antibodies."
Te recomendamos en English
- GAMING Where to buy PS5: stock updates at Walmart, Costco, GameStop Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- US NEWS $300 unemployment benefits: are there new proposals to extend them?
- Liga MX Chivas vs Leon live online: Liga MX Playoffs Semifinal Leg 1
- US News What stimulus and executive actions does Biden plan for his first 100 days?
- PSG Neymar: What I want most is to play with Messi again
- NBA NBA 2020-21 season: Lakers-Clippers clash, Durant's Warriors reunion headline opening night