USA election 2020: who is the Vice Presidential debate moderator?
VP Mike Pence faces vice presidential nominee Kamala Harris in their first and only live televised debate on Wednesday night at 9 p.m. ET.
Tonight's US election debate sees the spotlight fall on the vice presidents as Donald Trump's right hand man Mike Pence and Democratic vice presidential candidate, Sen. Kamala Harris go head-to-head with the debate set to be held at the University of Utah in Salt Lake City with a 9 p.m. ET (6 p.m. PT) start. The debate is set to run for 90 minutes with no commercial breaks.
Despite no topic listing being made available ahead of the debate, some of the key issues that are likely to feature are:
- Racial unrest.
- The Supreme Court.
- The economy.
- The integrity of the election.
VP debate Moderator
The debate will be chaired by Susan Page, USA Today's Washington bureau chief. In her 47-year career Page has covered 10 presidential elections, six administrations and interviewed nine American presidents.
After covering Washington politics for decades, Page recently branched out into the literary world and in 2019 published “The Matriarch,” a biography of former First Lady Barbara Bush. Her next book, set for publication in spring 2021, looks at the life and career of Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi.
The next debate is on Oct. 7 between Vice President Mike Pence and Senator Kamala Harris. It will be moderated by Susan Page of USA Today.https://t.co/EoTAAbsCXK— The New York Times (@nytimes) September 30, 2020
Forthcoming debate dates
Here's the schedule for the upcoming debates:
15 October: Second presidential debate, at Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts in Miami, Florida.
22 October: Final presidential debate, at Belmont University in Nashville, Tennessee.
These presidential debates going ahead will depend on the health of President Donald Trump and his recovery process from contracting coronavirus last week.
Te recomendamos en English
- Olympic Games Zverev sorry for sinking Djokovic's Golden Slam hopes
- Tax Refund How many Americans will receive the $1600 Tax refund payment?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Women´s 100m final, USA Basketball, medal count, results, today 30 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER Henry Martín could miss Mexico’s game against South Korea
- OLYMPIC GAMES What's the top speed of a 100m sprinter?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | ATHLETICS What are Usain Bolt's records on the Olympic track? 100m, 200m...