Cristiano Ronaldo's family home in Madeira burgled
Thieves entered the seven-storey building in Cristiano's hometown, Funchal, through the garage.
Cristiano Ronaldo has been the victim of a burglary at the apartment building he owns in his hometown Funchal, the capital of Madeira. Police are still investigating what happened after a relative of the Juventus forward raised the alarm on Wednesday morning, local newspaper Diario de Noticias reports. That day, Cristiano was playing for the Portuguese national team in a friendly against Spain.
The initial hypothesis is that thieves entered the building through the garage door, which had been left open briefly by a member of staff.
The seven-floor mansion, which Cristiano bought in 2015, and boasts two Olympic-size swimming pools and a football pitch, is the regular residence of Cristiano's mother Dolores Aveiro and his older brother Hugo, although it is not known if either were at home when the burglar struck.
The burglar has been identified via close circuit television camera recordings although arrests have been made yet. It's likely that the burglar is someone who is known to Cristiano's family. Among the objects stolen was a Juventus shirt signed by the player.
The last time Cristiano spent a lengthy time in the building was during the confinement which all players were subjected to during the coronavirus lockdown. Joining him in the spacious mansion were Georgina, his children and other family members who had every need catered for while they quarantined together. A few weeks after arriving back home, he decided to rent out another mansion in Caniçal where he and his family could stay until confinement was lifted.
Te recomendamos en English
- Child Tax Credit Child Tax Credit 2021: when is the deadline to opt out from August payment?
- US NEWS What public pools are open in summer 2021 in Los Angeles?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 28 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?
- CORONAVIRUS What are the new CDC mask guidelines for schools?
- OLYMPICS USA played with freedom in bounce-back Iran victory – Kevin Durant