Mexico to face South Korea in November international break
Mexico have announced a fourth official friendly after FIFA gave national teams the green light to resume activities during the coronavirus pandemic.
National teams were given the go-ahead to resume playing activities during the coronavirus pandemic and Mexico returned to action in the current international break with a 1-0 defeat of the Netherlands on 7 October before El Tri face Algeria in their second and final friendly game of the month on 13 October.
Second European tour ahead for Mexico
📄 | NOTA— Selección Nacional (@miseleccionmx) October 13, 2020
¡¿Qué?! ¿Más fútbol ⚽? 🤩 🤩 🇲🇽 🇲🇽
¡En noviembre nos volveremos a ver cuando enfrentemos a 🇰🇷 en partido de preparación! 🙌🏻 🙌🏻
Detalles. 👉🏻 https://t.co/sUizQrXaTI #PasiónyOrgullo | #FMFporNuestroFútbol pic.twitter.com/OWVno9lLx0
The next FIFA international break will be in November and Mexico have announced the first of their two games will be against South Korea in Austria on the 14th.
The last time the two teams met was back on 23 June, 2018 in the group stage of the World Cup in Russia with Mexico winning 2-1 through goals from Carlos Vela and Javier Hernández. Mexico ended up advancing from Group F in second place behind Sweden while South Korea finished third ahead of holders Germany.
Mexico’s national team has a positive record under coach Gerardo Martino, who was appointed back in January 2019. El Tri have only lost once under Martino, against Argentina (4-0) in a friendly game played on September 2019 in San Antonio, Texas.
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT Global Citizen 2021 live online: singers, performances and concerts
- GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWN 2021 Why is the White House planning for a government shutdown?
- FOURTH STIMULUS CHECK Fourth stimulus check: how many signatures does the petition for the new payment have?
- SERIE A Honours even between Inter and Atalanta at San Siro
- PREMIER LEAGUE Enthralling Brentford-Liverpool clash ends with honours even
- SOCCER Man City: Guardiola "proud" after breaking record in Chelsea win