Movie theaters in India to re-open despite continuous surge in cases
India has recorded 63,509 covid-19 cases over the last 24 hours but movie theaters are still set to reopen on 15 October as per Unlock 5 guidelines.
The Indian health ministry announced on Wednesday that the country recorded 63,509 new Covid-19 cases over the previous 24 hours, raising the country's overall coronavirus case tally to 7,239,390 positive cases since the start of the pandemic.
According to data released by the ministry, 730 patients succumbed to the virus during the same period, taking India's covid-19 death toll to 110,586 following Wednesday's surge.
Over the past few months, the recovery rate has been India's silver lining in its battle against covid-19, as it has been continuously climbing. 74,632 people recovered from the virus over the 24-hour period, taking overall recoveries up to 6,301,928 with the recovery rate standing at over 86 percent of all cases.
Active cases are lower than 9 Lakh. for the fifth day
#IndiaFightsCorona— Ministry of Health (@MoHFW_INDIA) October 14, 2020
63,509 new confirmed cases were recorded in the last 24 hours.
77% of the new cases are from 10 States and UTs. Kerala has outnumbered Maharashtra with the highest number of new cases. pic.twitter.com/u2wyyE6cwv
India managed to keep the number of active cases below 900,000 for the fifth consecutive day thanks to the high recovery rate and the downward trend in new infections reported, as the country currently comprises 826,876 active cases. On Tuesday India - the second-worst affected country by the pandemic - recorded an increase of 55,342 infections, which was the lowest single-day spike in nearly two months.
These figures come at a time when India is preparing to commence enforcing guidelines of Unlock 5 with many businesses including cinemas, theatres, and dine-in restaurants set to re-open at 50 percent capacity.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: FDA approves Pfizer for 12-15 year olds, side effects, Indian variant...
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $2,000 monthly stimulus, Golden State payment tracker, Child Tax Credit...
- Serie A Champions Inter Milan have 'serious financial problems' – Zanetti
- BARCELONA Neymar: Al-Khelaifi warns Barcelona not to push for Messi reunion
- NBA LeBron James injury: how long has he been out and how many games missed?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Who is Daniel Ek, the Spotify CEO who wants to buy Arsenal?