Fernandes responds to reports about Solskjaer bust-up
Amid claims of a bust-up with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Manchester United midfielder Bruno Fernandes rubbished the reports.
Bruno Fernandes denied reports he had an argument with Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer during the Premier League loss to Tottenham.
The arguments don't hold
Fernandes was reportedly furious at half-time of the clash earlier this month, and the midfielder was substituted at the break with United trailing 4-1 before they suffered a 6-1 defeat at Old Trafford.
The Portugal international had opened the scoring from the penalty spot, but was said to have had a bust-up with Solskjaer at half-time.
However, Fernandes rubbished those claims after Portugal's 3-0 Nations League win over Sweden on Wednesday.
"There's been a lot of speculation about that," the midfielder told Sport TV, via A Bola.
"First it was an argument with teammates, as it did not hold, it was an argument with only one teammate [Victor Lindelof], as it did not hold now, it is the argument with Solskjaer.
"I believe it is a way to destabilise the group. What was said is in no way true.
"I was replaced at half-time, it is true, by technical option. The coach told me that the game was almost over and that we would have a lot of games ahead of us. Got it. I was not satisfied but said nothing that could harm the group."
After just one win from the opening three games of the Premier League season, Solskjaer has been under increasing pressure at United.
But Fernandes insisted Manchester United were ready to respond against Newcastle United on Saturday, while warning the speculation needed to stop.
"Do not use my name, my colleagues or the coach to make trouble at Manchester United," he said.
"The atmosphere is good and the team is ready to give an answer in the next game."