LaLiga: Suárez becomes second fastest to 150 goals this century
Atlético Madrid striker Luis Suárez scored his 150th LaLiga goal in Saturday's victory over Celta Vigo, reaching the figure quicker than Lionel Messi.
Luis Suárez scored his 150th LaLiga goal in Atlético Madrid's win at Celta Vigo on Saturday, becoming the second fastest player to reach that milestone in the competition this century.
Suárez brings up landmark figure in 2-0 win in Vigo
The Uruguay international opened the scoring at Balaídos with a sweeping early finish from eight yards, before Yannick Carrasco sealed a 2-0 victory for Atleti in time added on.
Suárez got to the figure in 195 appearances - faster than former team-mate Lionel Messi and behind only Cristiano Ronaldo, who reached it in 140 games for Real Madrid.
150 - Luis Suárez has scored 150 goals in 195 appearances in LaLiga, becoming the second fastest player to reach this milestone in the competition in the 21st century, after Cristiano Ronaldo (140). Predatory. pic.twitter.com/DpW7wnrBSe— OptaJose (@OptaJose) October 17, 2020
Three goals for Atlético, 147 for Barcelona
Suárez has scored three goals for new side Atlético and 147 with Barcelona, where he spent six trophy-laden campaigns before leaving the club ahead of this season.
Of his 150 LaLiga goals, 110 have been scored with his right foot, 26 with his left and 14 with his head.
Suárez's impressive haul is boosted by nine penalties, while eight of his goals have come from outside the penalty area.
Te recomendamos en English
- 76ers and Doc Rivers want to convince Ben Simmons to stay amid trade talk
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals extend streak, Rays clinch playoff berth
- SCIENCE NEWS When will the Sun die?
- NFL Odell Beckham Jr. close to return for Cleveland Browns
- NFL New York Jets' Zach Wilson reflects on his disastrous 'four interceptions' game
- NFL New York Giants' Nick Gates in good spirits while facing an uncertain future