Ibrahimovic plays up Milan's Scudetto options after Inter win
Milan are top of Serie A and unbeaten since March, leading Zlatan Ibrahimovic to suggest this season may be the one to topple Juventus and win the Scudetto.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic believes Milan can end Juventus' Scudetto dominance after his double ensured a 2-1 derby win over city rivals and last season's Serie A runners-up Inter.
Milan are top of Serie A with the league's only 100 per cent record after seeing off Inter, who finished a point behind Juventus in 2019-20.
Ibrahimovic put Milan 2-0 up inside 16 minutes, with Romelu Lukaku pulling one back before the half-hour for Inter.
Inter could not complete the comeback, though, meaning Milan are three points ahead of Atalanta through four games.
Stefano Pioli's men have not lost since a 2-1 defeat to Genoa in March and Ibrahimovic sees no reason Milan cannot regain the title they last won in 2011 before Juve's run of nine successive Scudetti.
He told Sky Sport Italia: "We are at the beginning. Since I arrived, the team has been doing great things, especially after the lockdown.
"The team is growing a lot, the mentality is different, the young people take more responsibility. They all train great.
"I feel a lot of responsibility; I'm the oldest in the team. A situation that I really like, everyone follows me, and everyone is hungry to win.
"We are thinking one game at a time. Every game is like a final. When I arrived the goal was Europe and we got there.
"The goal for the club is to arrive again in Europe, my personal goals are different, but I keep them to myself.
"Scudetto? In my opinion, there is a sure possibility, one who believes can do anything. We believe it, then in the end we will see how it goes. It is still a long road."
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: USA, Caeleb Dressel gold and WR in 4x100 medley, medal count, results, today 1 August
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check and child tax credit live updates: can it be passed in August? dates, tax return, opt-out...
- NFL Zimmer "frustrated" as 3 Viking QBs sit out practice due to covid-19 protocols
- GOLD CUP 2021 Mexico's CONCACAF 2021 Gold Cup squad: key absentees
- MLB Rays beat Red Sox to move top; Mets win in Báez debut
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 1 August