Several players from Chivas test positive for Covid-19
Three players and a member of the coaching staff from Chivas have tested positive for coronavirus prior to the game against Cruz Azul at the Omnilife stadium.
Chivas will host Cruz Azul at the Omnilife stadium on Sunday for matchday 15 of the 2020 Guardianes tournament. One day ahead of the game the club announced that Antonio Briseño, José Juan Vázquez and Ángel Zaldivar will not be available for the match because they have tested positive for covid-19.
Chivas also announced that a member of the coaching staff tested positive but his name was not revealed. “The Liga MX and Chivas have confirmed that prior to the game against Cruz Azul the club did 44 covid-19 tests and after the results came back, three players and one member of the coaching staff tested positive,” read the statement.
Comunicado de la LIGA MX y el Club @Chivas.— #LigaBBVAMX #Guard1anes2020 (@LigaBBVAMX) October 24, 2020
Sobre las pruebas realizadas previo a su participación en la #Jornada15 de la #LigaBBVAMX #Guard1anes2020.
Infected players now isolated
“The people who tested positive for coronavirus have been isolated and are under the care of the medical staff. Chivas is following the health department guidelines to keep everyone separated and monitored until they recover.”
Coach Víctor Manuel Vucetich will have to make adjustments in his lineup to face Cruz Azul with only three games left of the regular season. Chivas is currently in seventh place with 23 points and a defeat against ‘La Maquina’ could take them out of the playoff position."
Te recomendamos en English
- Tottenham 'just a pony' in Premier League title race? Lampard disagrees with Mourinho
- CYBER MONDAY Cybermonday 2020 opening hours & best deals in Kohls, Best Buy, Wayfair
- US Election Election USA 2020: why did Donald Trump pay $3 million for recount in Wisconsin?
- US News Cyber Monday 2020 opening hours and best deals in Walmart, Costco & Target
- US News Walmart, Amazon and Macy´s: Black Friday returns policies
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: latest on US coronavirus relief bill