Cristian Pavón to return to Boca Juniors after loan spell with LA Galaxy
Cristian Pavón’s loan with Los Angeles Galaxy ends by the end of the 2020 season and the MLS team has decided not to validate the purchase option.
TyC Sports has revealed that Los Angeles Galaxy have officially communicated to Boca Juniors that Cristian Pavón will return to the club at the end of the 2020 Major League Season. The Argentine team were asking for $20 million for the 23-year-old striker, however the MLS team are not willing to pay that price.
According to TyC Sports, Pavón is already set to return to Argentina at the end of the season and rejoin Boca as soon as possible as they want to have him available for the last stages of the Copa Libertadores.
“People from LA Galaxy have confirmed that they will not pay $20 million to keep Cristian Pavón on a permanent deal. That means Boca Juniors can count on him to be an important player for the latter stages of the 2020 Copa Libertadores,” wrote TyC Sports on social media.
LA Galaxy have four games left
LA Galaxy lost this past weekend 2-0 against Los Angeles FC at the Banc of California stadium and they remain in the last place of the Western Conference. The five times MLS Cup champions have four more games left of the regular season to make a late playoff-run.
Pavón has been LA Galaxy's best player this season and second best last year alongside Zlatan Ibrahimovic. The 23-year-old has made 29 appearances in MLS, scoring 10 goals and providing 15 assists.
Te recomendamos en English
- EURO 2020 Who plays today in the European Championship? Sunday 20 June: games, times, TV, schedule...
- NBA NBA playoffs 2021: Bucks stun Nets in overtime to take conference final spot
- BASEBALL Red Sox jump to first place, Padres win without Tatis
- NBA When was the last time the Clippers were in the NBA conference finals?
- NBA When was the last time the Suns were in the NBA Conference finals?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Another failure for Spain in both areas