Barcelona equal their worst LaLiga start and Messi's goal drought continues
Ronald Koeman's Barça have made the club's joint-worst start to a season since LaLiga reverted to three points for a win after the draw against Alavés.
Barcelona have equalled their worst tally of LaLiga points after six games since the competition reverted to three points for a win. Ronald Koeman's side drew 1-1 with Alavés on Saturday, meaning they have just eight points so far in the early stages of the 2020-21 season.
That is the same total as Barça managed at the start of the 2002-03 campaign when another Dutchman, Louis van Gaal, was in charge. The Blaugranas are currently languishing in 12th place – already eight points behind LaLiga leaders and reigning champions Real Madrid.
7 - Alaves’ Fernando Pacheco has made seven saves against Barcelona, becoming in the goalkeeper to do it the most times in a single LaLiga game this season. Wall. pic.twitter.com/ZxFhz19KyO— OptaJose (@OptaJose) October 31, 2020
It has also been a difficult start to the campaign for Lionel Messi too, as he has now gone 877 minutes without scoring in open play. The Argentina international's last goal from open-play came against Napoli in the Champions League back in August, although he has scored three penalties and one free-kick since then.
Te recomendamos en English
- 76ers and Doc Rivers want to convince Ben Simmons to stay amid trade talk
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals extend streak, Rays clinch playoff berth
- SCIENCE NEWS When will the Sun die?
- NFL Odell Beckham Jr. close to return for Cleveland Browns
- NFL New York Jets' Zach Wilson reflects on his disastrous 'four interceptions' game
- NFL New York Giants' Nick Gates in good spirits while facing an uncertain future