Barcelona equal their worst LaLiga start and Messi's goal drought continues
Ronald Koeman's Barça have made the club's joint-worst start to a season since LaLiga reverted to three points for a win after the draw against Alavés.
Barcelona have equalled their worst tally of LaLiga points after six games since the competition reverted to three points for a win. Ronald Koeman's side drew 1-1 with Alavés on Saturday, meaning they have just eight points so far in the early stages of the 2020-21 season.
That is the same total as Barça managed at the start of the 2002-03 campaign when another Dutchman, Louis van Gaal, was in charge. The Blaugranas are currently languishing in 12th place – already eight points behind LaLiga leaders and reigning champions Real Madrid.
7 - Alaves’ Fernando Pacheco has made seven saves against Barcelona, becoming in the goalkeeper to do it the most times in a single LaLiga game this season. Wall. pic.twitter.com/ZxFhz19KyO— OptaJose (@OptaJose) October 31, 2020
It has also been a difficult start to the campaign for Lionel Messi too, as he has now gone 877 minutes without scoring in open play. The Argentina international's last goal from open-play came against Napoli in the Champions League back in August, although he has scored three penalties and one free-kick since then.
Te recomendamos en English
- El Clásico Who is José María Sánchez Martínez, the referee for El Clásico 2021 Barcelona - Real Madrid?
- LALIGA Barcelona vs Real Madrid: injured and sanctioned players for El Clásico 2021
- Serie A Allegri dubs Inter title favourites ahead of Derby d'Italia
- NBA Nash cheers Nets first win: "It'll take a while, it won't be pretty"
- MLB Astros never doubted they would beat Red Sox admits Baker
- EL CLASICO Which player has scored the most goals in El Clásico history? All time top scorers