Pulisic out for 'weeks', says Lampard
The United States international suffered a hamstring injury in the warm-up before Chelsea faced Burnley and coach Frank Lampard said he could be out for weeks.
Last year Christian Pulisic demonstrated he was ready to wear Chelsea’s No 10 jersey for his second season at Stamford Bridge, but injuries have prevented him from performing as expected this year. The 22-year-old suffered his second injury of the season in the warm-up before Chelsea defeated Burnley 3-0 in the Premier League on 31 October.
Pulisic out for ‘weeks’
Blues coach Frank Lampard said that Pulisic suffered a hamstring injury this past weekend and even though it doesn’t seem that serious he could be out for weeks not days, according to The Sun.
“He’s played three games, we’ve tried to manage him in the week and it’s a small feeling in his hamstring so we’ll have to see how he is over the next 24 hours. It’s a minor feeling that he had but definitely not right to go into 90 minutes of a game with that pain. Hopefully it’s short term, we’re talking weeks,” Lampard said, per The Sun.
The first injury the United States international suffered this season was in the FA Cup final in August against Arsenal. That injury kept him out of the beginning of the 2020/21 Premier League season and the UEFA Champions League.
As of now, Pulisic is expected to miss Chelsea’s games against Rennes tomorrow in the UEFA Champions League and against Sheffiled United on 7 November in the Premier League. The 22-year old isalso set to miss the game between the United States men's national team against Wales at the Liberty stadium on 12 November. This is the only friendly game that the USMNT will play in 2020 due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK $600 Golden State Stimulus check: can I get it if I also received the third stimulus check?
- US NEWS Lyrids meteor shower 2021: dates, times and how to see in the US
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Is it possible to use the money from the stimulus check to pay the rent or the mortgage?
- CORONAVIRUS US Coronavirus US: is a third dose of the Pfizer vaccine necessary?
- US NEWS How to get Covid-19 a vaccine appointment in Florida?