Maradona to undergo surgery for a blood clot on the brain
Diego Maradona is suffering from a subdural hematoma (SDH) and will undergo surgery in the next few hours. He will be transferred to another clinic.
Worrying news just in from La Plata, Argentina - Diego Armando Maradona will undergo surgery urgently to treat a blood clot which has formed on the left side of his brain.
Maradona admitted to hospital on Monday night
This evening, the Gimnasia y Esgrima coach was transferred by ambulance to the Olivos clinic in the Federal Capital where he will undergo the operation to drain the subdural hematoma (SDH) - an operation which will last between two to three hours. The operation was due to commence at 20:00 hours local time (00:00 CET). Verónica Ojeda is reported to be at his bedside. Maradona had been hospitalized since Monday night for anemia and dehydration, though his condition had been improving, his personal doctor Leopold Luque said. It is expected that Maradona will remain in hospital until doctors are confident he can be discharged, which should be between four to five days.
The news has caused a huge response for the football legend, winner of the World Cup at Mexico 86, on social media with many expressing their concern with the hashtag: Stay strong Diego! (#FuerzaDiego)
Recommended in English
- THE GAME AWARDS The Game Awards 2021: times, stream, how to watch it online and what to expect
- THE GAME AWARDS The Game Awards 2021: list of nominees and the 6 GOTY contenders
- NFL LA Rams' WR Mike Williams latest to be put on covid-19 list
- EUROPA LEAGUE Have Barcelona ever played and won in the Europa League?
- GOLF When will Tiger Woods return to the PGA Tour?
- NFL NFL Fantasy Picks: Watch out for Wilson against Houston