Ryan Giggs to miss exhibition match between Wales and US
Wales football manager Ryan Giggs was arrested on 3 November on suspicion of assault.
Ryan Giggs has been Wales national football team manager since January 2018 but his days could be numbered due to an assault accusation. The British media reported that the 46-year-old was arrested on Monday and the Welsh Football Association said it was aware of the situation.
With the news still developing the Welsh Football Association confirmed that Giggs will not be available for the exhibition match against the United States on 12 November during the international break.
Giggs denies allegations
“Police were called at 10:05pm on Sunday 1 November 2020 to reports of a disturbance at an address on Chatsworth Road. A woman in her 30s sustained minor injuries but did not require any treatment,” according to a CNN report from the Greater Manchester police who didn’t confirm the arrest of Giggs by name.
CNN also contacted Giggs’ representatives but they refused to comment. There has only been a statement by Giggs's representatives that was reported by British media saying that “he denies all allegations of assault made against him. He is cooperating with the police and will continue to assist them with their ongoing investigation.”
Te recomendamos en English
- European championship Zlatan Ibrahimovic back in Sweden team for World Cup qualifiers
- NBA Jazz stars Mitchell and Gobert fined by NBA after outbursts
- REAL MADRID | BENZEMA Benzema: "My life has changed..."
- NFL Eagles' Jason Kelce holds off retirement to return for 2021 season
- NBA All-Star Game Jazz's Conley earns NBA All-Star selection to replace Booker
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check updates today: when it's coming, Senate votation, status and IRS tax