Ryan Giggs to miss exhibition match between Wales and US
Wales football manager Ryan Giggs was arrested on 3 November on suspicion of assault.
Ryan Giggs has been Wales national football team manager since January 2018 but his days could be numbered due to an assault accusation. The British media reported that the 46-year-old was arrested on Monday and the Welsh Football Association said it was aware of the situation.
With the news still developing the Welsh Football Association confirmed that Giggs will not be available for the exhibition match against the United States on 12 November during the international break.
Giggs denies allegations
“Police were called at 10:05pm on Sunday 1 November 2020 to reports of a disturbance at an address on Chatsworth Road. A woman in her 30s sustained minor injuries but did not require any treatment,” according to a CNN report from the Greater Manchester police who didn’t confirm the arrest of Giggs by name.
CNN also contacted Giggs’ representatives but they refused to comment. There has only been a statement by Giggs's representatives that was reported by British media saying that “he denies all allegations of assault made against him. He is cooperating with the police and will continue to assist them with their ongoing investigation.”
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth Stimulus Check Update: what's the situation in every state?
- NFL Congress demands answers from the NFL about WFT investigation
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?
- US NEWS Camera crew walk-off in the hours before Alec Baldwin fatally shot Halyna Hutchins
- US NEWS What states saw the highest number of workers quit this summer?