USA Elections 2020 results in Illinois: who has won the popular and college vote?
The presidential election results for the 'Prairie State', as Donald Trump and Joe Biden arm wrestle for the 20 electoral college votes.
The results in the presidential election for the state of Illinois are coming in. The state has been a Democrat stronghold since 1992 with Candidate Biden expected to win out according to AP.
Illinois popular vote result
As of 05:00 am ET, the scrutiny stood at 74% of votes reported, according to Associated Press, with the following standings:
Joe Biden: 55.9% - 2,511, 247
Donald Trump: 42.3% - 1,900,052
Illinois electoral college result
Biden has now claimed all of the states' available electoral college votes.
In 2016, Hilary Clinton was the clear Illinois winner with 55.83% of the vote to Trump's 38.76%.
The popular vote tallies were: Clinton: 3,090,729, Trump: 2,146,015.
Illinois early voting
As with many other states in the US, early voting in Illinois which ended at 7 p.m. Monday saw a record numbers of ballots cast.
The city of Chicago saw record early voting this year, with more than 738,000 residents casting votes via mail-in ballot or in-person voting in the days ahead of Election Day.
“Early turnout has been incredible. We’re so excited so many Chicagoans are exercising their right to vote,” Chicago Board of Elections Chairwoman Marisel Hernandez said.
Importance of Illinois for Biden
Illinois is regarded as one of the 'big three' Democrat stronghold states along with California and New York with the sate a solid 'blue' since 1992. 2016 Democrat candidate Hilary Clinton and former US President Barack Obama are native Chicagoans.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when will Senate vote on it? | Will it arrive in March & IRS tax return | Live
- 2030 WORLD CUP Johnson backs UK bid for 2030 World Cup, offers stadiums for Euro 2020
- SERIE A The things that Georgina prohibits Cristiano from doing at home
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN ACT OF 2021 Third stimulus check: when is it coming in March?
- BARCELONA FC Barcelona cleared from Barçagate, Bartomeu provisionally released
- NBA NBA: Harden triple-double leads Nets to win, Zion stuns Jazz