Real Madrid: Nacho and Carvajal weeks away from return
Both players are now training outdoors although neither will be available for the Valencia game, but should be back after the international break.
Real Madrid continue their preparations for Sunday's game at Valencia and the good news for Zidane is that, judging by today's training session, it will probably the last game in which he will struggle to fill the right-back slot.
Nacho and Carvajal won't be at Mestalla but both players are now in the final stage of their respective recovery programmes. Both worked out in the open air on Friday and are expected to rejoin the squad's training sessions next week. Unless they are setback by a relapse, both should be available to Zidane after the international break.
Lucas Vázquez at right-back against Valencia
Álvaro Odriozola continued to exercise inside the gym, and has been unable to break into the side as he too fell injured. It means that Lucas Vázquez will fill in once against at right-back against Javi Gracia's Valencia; the winger has looked more comfortable playing in defence in the team's most recent outings.
The rest of the Madrid squad trained as normal (apart from Militão, who is in quarantine after testing positive for Covid-19). Zidane is expected to rotate his team a little although he has decided against making sweeping changes in the last few games. He has found a team he trusts following the disappointing results against Cádiz and Shakhtar and has preferred to stick with the same XI until the situation settles.
Te recomendamos en English
- EURO 2020 Who plays today in the European Championship? Sunday 20 June: games, times, TV, schedule...
- NBA NBA playoffs 2021: Bucks stun Nets in overtime to take conference final spot
- BASEBALL Red Sox jump to first place, Padres win without Tatis
- NBA When was the last time the Clippers were in the NBA conference finals?
- NBA When was the last time the Suns were in the NBA Conference finals?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Another failure for Spain in both areas