Biden wins US presidential election 2020: which swing states were vital?
Biden has won several vital swing states to take his total electoral college votes to 290, although the margin of victory in many of these states has been tiny.
Several swing states have proven vital to the outcome of the 2020 presidential election, with Joe Biden finally claiming Pennsylvania on Saturday after five tense days of counting in what had become the decisive battleground in the race for the White House.
Pennsylvania’s 20 electoral college votes were enough to bring Biden over the 270-vote threshold to claim victory in the US presidential election. Although, his opponent, President Donald Trump, refuses to acknowledge Biden’s victory after launching legal challenges in several states on the back of baseless claims of voter fraud.
Biden has won seven vital swing states to take his total electoral college votes to 290, although the margin of victory in many of these states has been tiny. Less than a handful of swing states remain to called, but North Carolina looks like it will eventually declare Trump as the winner of the state, while Biden looks more likely to take Georgia.
Swing states that Biden has won
Biden: 1,627,060 (49.6%)
Trump: 1,606,546 (48.9%)
Biden: 1,753,416 (55.3%)
Trump: 1,335,253 (42.1%)
Biden: 430,023 (52.9%)
Trump: 359,502 (44.2%)
Biden: 2,790,648 (50.6%)
Trump: 2,644,525 (47.9%)
Biden: 642,604 (49.9%)
Trump: 616,905 (47.9%)
Biden: 3,350,504 (49.7%)
Trump: 3,312,991 (49.1%)
Biden: 1,630,570 (49.6%)
Trump: 1,610,030 (48.9%)
Te recomendamos en English
- 2021 MLS SEASON Inter Miami: 2021 MLS regular-season schedule
- SERIE A Cristiano Ronaldo missing for Juventus' trip to Atalanta
- QATAR 2022 Tim Cahill, aiming for success in new Aspire Academy role
- COPA DEL REY Copa del Rey winners list: who has lifted the most Copas?
- BASEBALL Dodgers blow as Cody Bellinger suffers hairline fracture in left fibula
- NBA Simmons backs Embiid for MVP: "I don't know how to stop him!"