Benfica eyeing LAFC winger Brian Rodríguez
The 20-year-old has excited the interest of several clubs in Europe including Portuguese side Benfica after joining LAFC in August 2019.
More and more young players are choosing to ply their trade in Major League Soccer before making the jump to a European club and Brian Rodríguez could be his way. The 20-year-old joined Los Angeles Football Club in August 2019 and after a year-and-a-half he could be on his way out of MLS after the conclusion of the playoffs.
- United States of America
According to O Jogo, Benfica have expressed an interest in Rodríguez, who has made 16 appearances this season, scoring one goal and providing three assists. The Eagles have not made a formal offer, but according to the report they are considering a summer move for the Uruguay international.
Los Angeles FC paid $1.1 million for Rodríguez in 2019 and after almost two seasons his value has increased to $11.5 million, according to transfermarkt. The winger was first called up for his national team in 2019 and is in the Uruguay squad for the current World Cup qualifiers against Colombia and Brazil.
Uruguay play Brazil in matchday 4 and are currently in fourth place with six points. After the game Rodríguez will return to Los Angeles and rejoin LAFC ahead of game against the Sounders in the first round of the 2020 MLS playoffs.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Is the Social Security increase for 2022 the largest in US history?
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?
- NFL Who are the NFL's All-Time passing yards and Touchdown leaders?
- Fati: Inheriting Messi's number 10 shirt does not bring added pressure at Barca
- NBA NBA 20/21 season to feature 109 international players from 39 countries