Salah and Elneny to fly back to England under strict medical measures
The Egyptian stars will head back to England after returning positive covid-19 test results. Salah is set to miss Liverpool's Premier League match against Leicester City on Sunday.
The Egyptian Football Association announced that following discussions with Premier League clubs Liverpool and Arsenal Mohamed Salah and Mohamed Elneny will travel back to England on Friday on a medically equipped private plane despite returning covid-19 positive results on Thursday.
Liverpool's talisman Mo Salah had returned positive test results ahead of Egypt's double-header against Togo in the AFCON qualifiers while Elneny managed to participate in the first encounter when the Pharaohs won 3-0 before contracting the virus and missing the second game in Togo.
Salah will also miss his team's crucial fixture against Leicester city in the ninth round of the premier league.
Both players returned positive results on Thursday
EFA released a statement that said, "There has been constant coordination between the two clubs since both players were infected with the virus, through Mohamed Fadl, a member of the five-member committee delegated to run the association and Mohamed Abul-Ela the Egyptian team's doctor on the medical level".
"Both players underwent a fresh swab on Thursday and the results came out positive," it added.
Salah and Elneny are not the only players among the Egyptian squad who have contracted the virus as Olympiacos striker Ahmed Hassan Koka has also tested positive for the infection upon the arrival of the Egyptian national team in Cairo following their 3-0 victory over Togo.
Te recomendamos en English
- BOXING Woodley gets ‘I love Jake Paul’ tattoo, wants rematch
- US NEWS What is the meaning of racketeering? How long is a racketeering charge sentence?
- Porter agrees to max extension with Nuggets
- SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS What qualifies a child for social security benefits?
- NBA Philadelphia 76ers Morey says there is 'hope' for reconciliation with Ben Simmons
- MLB Yankees move ahead as the AL Wild Card chase enters final furlong