Haaland breaks another UCL goalscoring record
Having opened the scoring against Club Brugge, Erling Haaland reached the 15-goal mark in the Champions League in record time.
Erling Haaland set a new record as the quickest to 15 Champions League goals in the competition's history after opening the scoring against Club Brugge.
The Borussia Dortmund star had already set a similar record for the five- and 10-goal marks, and now surpasses Ruud van Nistelrooy and Roberto Soldado with seven games to spare.
Haaland put Dortmund 1-0 up in the 18th minute against Brugge, latching on to a throughball into the left side of the penalty area before coolly slotting into the near bottom corner.
15 - Erling Haaland has scored 15 goals in 12 Champions League games, only failing to score in two appearances in the competition. Remarkable. pic.twitter.com/750PWPF0N4— OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) November 24, 2020
That saw him reach the 15-goal landmark in Europe's premier competition in just 12 matches, having enjoyed a blistering start at this level with Salzburg last term
The previous benchmark was 15 goals in 19 matches from Netherlands and Manchester United great Van Nistelrooy, and former Valencia striker Soldado.
It was also Dortmund's 200th overall goal in the competition, making them the 13th club to reach the milestone, and Haaland's 16th of the season on all fronts.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- Stimulus Checks Second $600 Golden State stimulus check: when will I receive it and how to track
- US NEWS California stimulus check: when will the payments arrive and who qualifies?
- PSG Lionel Messi's PSG contract details revealed
- Soccer Pele in hospital: daughter says he's recovering well
- MLB MLB results: Los Angeles Dodgers beaten by Cincinnati Reds