América could let five players leave ahead of 2021 Clausura
After losing both legs of the quarter-final against Chivas in the Clásico Nacional, head coach Miguel Herrera wants to renew the squad for the next tournament.
Club América suffered a tough elimination against Chivas in the quarter-finals of the 2020 Guardianes tournament and the head coach Miguel Herrera wants to refresh the squad for next year. The bosses believe in Herrera’s project so he will maintain his job for the 2021 Clausura tournament and currently he is focused on the Concacaf Champions League.
Paul Aguilar the first one to leave
On Wednesday it was announced by the club that after nine years Paul Aguilar will no longer be an América player. The veteran defender is the first confirmed player to be out of the squad for the next tournament and he could continue his career in Major League Soccer. Aguilar left his print on América winning three Liga MX titles, a Campeón de Campeones, a Copa MX and two Concacaf Champions League.
The Argentine defender declined the offer from Club América to renew his contract and he could leave next year. The series against Chivas could’ve been his last game with América, because he suffered a knee injury and will not play the Concacaf Champions League in mid-December.
He arrived on loan from Villarreal this year to replace Guido Rodríguez, who signed with Real Betis, but he hasn’t fulfilled the expectations. So after the loan expires Cáseres would return to the La Liga team and the Concacaf Champions League would be his last tournament with Club América.
Roger Martínez and Andrés Ibargüen
The bosses want to get rid of the Colombian players for the 2021 Clausura tournament. Club América is ready to listen to offers from any team that wants to buy them. Martínez could continue his career in Major League Soccer.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: FDA approves Pfizer for 12-15 year olds, side effects, Indian variant...
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $2,000 monthly stimulus, Golden State payment tracker, Child Tax Credit...
- Barcelona - Atlético Madrid Messi and Suárez to face off for first time in title decider
- PREMIER LEAGUE Bale hitting top form as Real Madrid star mulls Spurs stay
- Inter Milan Lautaro: I nearly joined Messi at Barcelona and Real Madrid tried to sign me twice
- REAL MADRID Juventus look to Zidane as replacement for Pirlo