New England Revolution fails to reach the MLS Cup
The franchise was established in 1996 and since then they have played five finals and they have lost all of them, but the team has high hopes for next season.
The New England Revolution lost one-nil against Columbus Crew in the Easten Conference final at the MAPRE stadium on Sunday and this is the fifth time they failed to lift a trophy since the beginning of the MLS. The team from Foxborough was founded in 1996 and they have lost all five finals in their history.
The Revs had their best opportunity to open the scoreboard in the 28th minute, when Carles Gil assisted Adam Buksa and the Polish striker’s shot got deflected and the ball barely went wide. Even though many see this as another failure, this was a great accomplishment for the Revs because two years ago they were 2-8-3 and Bruce Arena managed this season to take the team to the playoffs.
- United States of America
*Update 7 de diciembre de 2020
“We are well on our way. We are going to have higher standards next year from the start. We will not accept mediocrity. People see the culture and what it takes to get an MLS Cup. I imagine preseason will be very intense and hopefully we can start the year off on a strong foot instead of picking up steam down the stretch,” said goalkeeper Matt Turner.
Another failure for the Revs
In 2002 the New England Revolutions made it to the MLS Cup final and they lost against Los Angeles Galaxy in over-time. After that they would play three consecutive finals and in 2005 they lost against LA Galaxy and in 2006 and 2007 they lost against Houston Dynamo. In 2014 they would face LA Galaxy one more time, but they lost 2-1 again in over-time.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Unemployment benefits: can you keep the payments if you go back to work?
- US News Which states have abolished federal unemployment benefits and why?
- EURO 2020 Ronaldo's gesture wipes $3.5bn off Coca-Cola's market value
- US NEWS Why is Juneteenth being considered a national holiday?
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINE California Vaccine Lottery: from which counties were the 15 June winners and how much did they win?
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINE Novavax covid-19 vaccine: How effective is it and who will get it?