Olson leads US Women's Open as Jung joins hole-in-one club
Amy Olson leads at the Champions Golf Course Cypress Creek in Houston with two holes in one lighting up the openng round at the US Women's Open.
Amy Olson edged into a one-stroke lead after the opening round of the US Women's Open in Texas on Thursday. The American carded a four-under 67 on the Champions Golf Course Cypress Creek in Houston, where the major is taking place after being postponed from its original June date due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Olson, who has two top-10 finishes at majors in her career, delivered one of two holes-in-one for the day.
Olsen flying in Houston
She hit a spectacular shot at the par-three 16th to get to one under, with three birdies following as she finished at four under.
A Lim Kim and Moriya Jutanugarn both carded 68s on the Champions Golf Course Jackrabbit to sit in a tie for second alongside Hinako Shibuno, who played Cypress Creek.
Sung Yu-jin aces fourth
The day's other hole-in-one belonged to Sung Yu-jin, a rare highlight as the South Korean battled to a 76 that left her in a tie for 108th.
Already struggling at six over, Sung produced her moment of magic at the fourth hole.
Higher up a congested leaderboard, Yuka Saso, Sophia Popov, Charley Hull, Gerina Piller, Patty Tavatanakit, Linnea Strom and amateur Linn Grant sit at two under.
Recommended in English
- SOCIAL SECURITY What should I do if I lose my Social Security card?
- UNITED STATES Martin Luther King, Jr Day: is it national holiday? Why is it celebrated today? Origin & meaning
- MARTIN LUTHER KING JR DAY Supermarkets opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Walmart, Costco, Target...
- Martin Luther King Day 2021 Banks opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Chase, Wells Fargo, Citibank
- NFL Buccaneers injuries: Wirfs out with sprained ankle
- NFL The Cowboys lose to the 49ers on a bizarre final play