Home of late Italian great Paolo Rossi burgled during his funeral
As Italy mourned the death of the Paolo Rossi, during the funeral, his house was broken into with the thieves stealing valuable jewelry report the ANSA agency.
During the funeral for the former 'Azzuri' hero Paolo Rossi in Vicenza, the 'ANSA' agency report that at the very same time, thieves broke into his Tuscany home and stole a sum of money reported to be no more than 100 euro and some valuable watches belonging to the former striker. The news has generated mass indignation in Italy where the funeral was broadcast live on public television.
The former Italy World Cup-winning forward Rossi died aged 64 following a battle with illness, and his passing was was confirmed by his wife, Federica Cappelletti earlier this week. It was his wife who discovered the break-in as she returned to their home in Bucine and local forensic police are investigating the matter.
The funeral was attended by many greats from the Italian game including his 1982 team-mates: Marco Tardelli, Giancarlo Antognoni, Antonio Cabrini and Fulvio Collovati along with recent big name players such as: Roberto Baggio, Bruno Conti and Roberto Bettega.
Te recomendamos en English
- PSG Mbappé is a fantastic guy - Pochettino backs PSG forward
- BARCELONA Ronald Koeman receives two-match ban for red card
- MLB The regular season is closing in, and the division champions are not yet decided
- FINANCIAL NEWS Is the Evergrande bankruptcy affecting the US stock market?
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Unemployment benefits: can self-employed workers qualify for a new round of payments?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus US: are the new variants more dangerous for children?