When is UEFA Champions League Last 16 draw? Time and how to watch online
Managers, players and fans can't wait to find out who their club will be facing in the 2020/21 Champions League round of 16. Here's what you all need to know.
Clearly to all football fans, the most important spectacle is what goes on with the players on the pitch. But it's true that the excitement that surrounds the various stages of the draw for the UEFA Champions League is also rather special. So when is it?
Follow the Champions League draw live
When is the draw for the Champions League last 16?
The draw for the Champions League last 16 will be held on Monday 14 December at UEFA headquarters in Nyon, Switzerland at 12:00 CET. You can find out where that is in your part of the world.
The event will be streamed live on UEFA.com, and you'll also be able to follow live-text coverage with AS English. We’ll begin our build-up from about an hour beforehand, before taking you through the ties as they are pulled out of the hat and bringing you all the post-draw reaction.
- Benzema double sends Real Madrid through as group winners
- Lewandowski deserves Best FIFA Men's Player award - Flick
- UCL 2020/21: who are the most probable pairings for last 16?
- Real Madrid can never be written off in Europe
- Tuchel praises Neymar's 'big gesture' to end Mbappé's run
How will the Champions League last-16 draw work?
Each last-16 pairing will pit a club from Pot 1 against a team from Pot 2. Clubs who faced each other in the group stage cannot be drawn together, while sides from the same country will also be kept apart.
The Pot 1 teams will all play the second leg of their last-16 ties at home.
Which teams are through to the Champions League last 16?
The line-up for the 2020/21 UEFA Champions League last 16 is now complete, after the group phase closed out on Wednesday night with Atalanta, Atlético Madrid, Borussia Mönchengladbach and Real Madrid claiming the final four tickets to the knockout stages.
They joined Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund, Chelsea, Juventus, Lazio, RB Leipzig, Liverpool, Manchester City, Paris Saint-Germain, Porto and Sevilla in the next round.
All eyes now turn towards next week's draw for the last 16, in which the teams will be split into two pots: one for the eight group winners and one for the eight group runners-up.
Champions League last-16 draw: the pots
Pot 1: group winners
Bayern Munich (GER)
Borussia Dortmund (GER)
Manchester City (ENG)
Paris Saint-Germain (FRA)
Real Madrid (ESP)
Pot 2: group runners-up
Atlético Madrid (ESP)
Borussia Mönchengladbach (GER)
RB Leipzig (GER)
Out of interest, with the help of some probability analysis, we can show which teams are most likely statistically to be drawn together.
When will the Champions League last 16 be played?
The last-16 first legs are to be played on 16, 17, 23 and 24 February 2021, with the second legs scheduled for 9, 10, 16 and 17 March 2021.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Is a government shutdown going to happen at the end of the month?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Football heading for 30-minute halves and stopped clock
- NFL Houston's Mills will be fourth rookie QB to start this year
- NFL Tom Brady admits he wants to be paid in Bitcoin
- SOCCER UEFA criticises FIFA for lack of consultation on World Cup proposals
- JUVENTUS Juventus player Arthur Melo involved in car crash