Wayne Rooney's son signs for Manchester United
Kai Rooney, son of record goalscorer Wayne, has followed in his father's footsteps by signing for Manchester United.
The days of a Rooney scoring spectacular strikes for Manchester United might not be done for good.
Wayne Rooney's record of 253 goals for the Old Trafford outfit remains unmatched, but his son Kai may soon be in pursuit of that benchmark.
The 11-year-old, the former England captain's oldest child, signed for United on Thursday, his dad revealed on Instagram.
The interim Derby County boss uploaded a picture of Kai signing papers at United next to a Rooney number 10 shirt.
"Proud day," Wayne wrote. "Kai signing for @manchesterunited. Keep up the hard work son."
Rooney famously made his Everton debut at just 16, meaning Kai could soon be on the big stage if he can match his father's meteoric trajectory.
Recommended in English
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers’ net worth?
- NFL Aaron Rodgers calls out Biden's 'fake White House' after vaccine spat
- NFL How and where to watch Bills v Chiefs: Kickoff time, TV channel, live stream
- NFL 49ers 13 vs. 10 Packers summary: Gould FG seals Niners win, stats, and highlights | NFL Playoffs
- NFL Burrow sacked nine times in Bengals win over Titans
- NFL Chiefs Tyreek Hill fined $12K for pom-pom celebration vs Steelers