LAFC, first team to eliminate three Liga MX clubs
The Los Angeles Football Club did the unthinkable and in the 2020 Concacaf Champions League tournament they have eliminated Club León, Cruz Azul and Club América.
The Los Angeles Football Club have done the unthinkable, eliminating three Liga MX giants in the 2020 Concacaf Champions League tournament. Since their debut in 2018, LAFC have become one of the best teams in Major League Soccer and in 2019 they won the Supporters’ Shield, their first trophy in their short history.
Impressive title run from LAFC
Since they were the top seeded team in all MLS last season, they automatically qualified for the 2020 edition of the Concachampions. They have failed to reach the MLS Cup finals in their first three seasons, but in their debut in Concacaf Champions League they did it after eliminating Club América on Saturday night.
Prior to defeating the maximum winner of the tournament, LAFC defeated Club León with an aggregate of 3-2 in the round of 16 back in February. Then the MLS side defeated Cruz Azul last week in the quarterfinals in a single-elimination match with a final score of 2-1.
The three Mexican teams mentioned before combine for a total of 13 Concachampions titles and 16 finals played. LAFC became the first team to eliminate three Liga MX clubs in this tournament and they could make it four if they defeat Tigres UANL in the final on 22 December.
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA Philadelphia 76ers Morey says there is 'hope' for reconciliation with Ben Simmons
- US NEWS Will national parks close if there is a government shutdown?
- US NEWS How long do government shutdowns last?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Basketball's subtle influence on the world of football
- GREEN BAY PACKERS Aaron Rodgers: "How could you not be romantic about football?"
- NFL Jalen Hurts shoulders blame after Eagles defeat to Cowboys