Frank Lampard's Chelsea end year on run of one win in five
Chelsea have won just once in their last five Premier League outings and they are currently in sixth place with 26 points from 16 games.
Christian Pulisic has played 354 minutes since returning from injury on 15 December and has been a starter in the last four Chelsea games since reaching full fitness. The United States international was involved in Oliver Giroud’s goal in the 1-1 draw against Aston Villa on matchday 16 of the Premier League.
This has been a tough year for Pulisic in terms of injury and that has affected his performances with Chelsea. The 22-year-old has just one goal in nine Premier League appearances and has failed to find the back of the next in his four consecutive starts.
Chelsea are in sixth place with 26 points and next face Manchester City on 3 January, 2021, at Stamford Bridge. Frank Lampard's side have the same number of points as Aston Villa and one fewer than Manchester United but have the benefit of two games in hand on both teams.
Chelsea's not so-merry Xmas run
Chelsea have won just once in their last five league games and were knocked out of the EFL Cup by Tottenham. In the Champions League they face the task of getting past Atlético Madrid for a place in the quarterfinals.
Chelsea spent nearly €250m ahead of the 2020-21 season to compete in the Premier League, UEFA Champions League, FA Cup and League Cup. The Blues welcomed Havertz, Werner, Chilwell, Ziyech and Mendy for the new season but so far they have mostly not lived up to expectations.
Te recomendamos en English
- US CORONAVIRUS NEWS How many Johnson & Johnson vaccines have been administered in the US?
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE When are Champions League semi-finals played?
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Neymar: "PSG are a team, we showed it against Bayern"
- NBA Durant focused on returning to full fitness, not Nets-76ers showdown
- Stimulus Checks What ID can I use to cash stimulus checks?
- USA What does Biden's $2.3 trillion infrastructure plan include?