LA Galaxy continues to negotiate with Boca Juniors for Cristian Pavón
The Major League Soccer side wants to sign the Argentine offensive midfielder on a permanent deal before the loan expires on 1 January 2021.
The Los Angeles Galaxy are making a late push to sign Cristian Pavón on a permanent deal before the year-long loan ends on 1 January 2021, but time is running out. The 22-year-old is currently in Argentina celebrating the holidays, but if no deal is reached he has to return to Boca Juniors.
According to journalist Tom Bogert, LA Galaxy and Boca Juniors are in ongoing negotiations over a deal for Cristian Pavón. On 24 December it was informed that the MLS side had given up on the deal because Boca Juniors was asking $20 million for the offensive midfielder, a sum that has never been paid in the history of Major League Soccer.
According to transfermarkt his current market value is $16.50 million and Boca Juniors will only accept an offer close to that number. So the five time MLS Cup winner is trying to bring the price down in order to complete the signing.
- United States of America
*Update 29 de diciembre de 2020
Pavón has been LA Galaxy’s best player since he arrived with 13 goals, 15 assists in 33 appearances. In 2019 he helped the team returned to the playoffs for the first time since 2017 and in the 2020 season he was their best player.
Te recomendamos en English
- Bundesliga Jadon Sancho sets Bundesliga assist record in Arminia win
- FOOTBALL Transfer news round-up: Liverpool eyeing Gerard return as Klopp exit looms
- BOXING Canelo finishes Yildirim in three rounds to retain world titles
- NBA Mavs snap Nets' eight-game winning streak, Embiid scores 42 but 76ers lose in OT
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN ACT 2021 Will I be able to apply for a third stimulus check and $3000 child tax credit?
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when will Senate vote on it? | How much, who qualifies, Child tax credit | Live