LA Galaxy continue talks with Boca Juniors for Cristian Pavón
The Major League Soccer side wants to sign the Argentine offensive midfielder on a permanent deal before the loan expires on 1 January 2021.
Los Angeles Galaxy are making a late push to sign Cristian Pavón on a permanent deal before the year-long loan ends on 1 January 2021, but time is running out. The 22-year-old is currently in Argentina celebrating the holidays, but if no deal is reached he will have to return to Boca Juniors.
Pavón deal under discussion
According to journalist Tom Bogert, LA Galaxy and Boca Juniors are in ongoing negotiations over a deal for Pavón. On 24 December he was informed that the MLS side had given up on the deal because Boca Juniors was asking for $20 million for the midfielder, a sum that has never been paid in the history of Major League Soccer.
- United States of America
*Update 29 de diciembre de 2020
According to transfermarkt his current market value is $16.5 million and Boca Juniors are only going to accept an offer close to that number. The five time MLS Cup winners are trying to bring the price down in order to complete the signing.
Pavón has been LA Galaxy’s best player since he arrived with 13 goals and 15 assists in 33 appearances. In 2019 he helped the team return to the playoffs for the first time since 2017 and in the 2020 season he was their best player.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $200 Social Security, tax return, Child Tax Credit, Golden State payment...
- NFL Cardinals 11 vs. 34 Rams summary: scores, stats and highlights | NFL Playoffs
- NFL Raiders part ways with general manager Mike Maycock
- NFL The insufferable Superb Owl jokes: a rant
- PACO GENTO 1933-2022 Real Madrid legend Paco Gento passes away aged 88
- AFCON Salima Mukansanga to lead all-female officiating AFCON line-up