Official: Diego Costa leaves Atlético Madrid
Out-of-favour striker Diego Costa has left Atlético Madrid after making just seven appearances this season.
Diego Costa has left Atletico Madrid after reaching an agreement to terminate his contract.
Costa's deal was due to expire at the end of this season, but the LaLiga leaders have allowed the striker to make an early exit.
The former Spain international has made just seven league appearances for Diego Simeone's side this season, scoring twice.
Atlético wish Costa well
Atleti said in a statement on Tuesday: "Agreement with @diegocosta for the termination of his contract. The club wishes the striker the best of luck in the next stage of his professional career."
Atleti confirmed the Brazil-born frontman asked to leave the club for personal reasons "a few days ago".
Luis Suárez's arrival, the form of Joao Félix and injury problems limited Costa's playing time this season.
Costa returned to Atlético in January 2018 after a successful spell with Chelsea and has been linked with a return to England.
Early interest in Costa
Arsenal, Tottenham and Wolves are among the teams reportedly keen to sign the free agent.
Costa has scored 83 goals and provided 36 assists in 215 games for Atleti, where he first arrived in 2006 aged only 17.
He won the LaLiga title at the capital club in the 2013-14 season and has also lifted the Copa del Rey, Europa League and UEFA Super Cup (twice) during his time at the club.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Rodgers taunts Bears fans: "All my f****** life I own you" after Packers win
- NFL Browns QB Mayfield dislocates shoulder again but expects to play Thursday
- SERIE A Johan Vásquez scores in his Serie A debut with Genoa
- REAL MADRID Benzema has his eyes set on this year's Ballon d'Or
- SOCCER | REAL MADRID Mbappé looks to follow Ronaldo's path at Real Madrid
- NBA Simmons returns to 76ers practice, will play 'when he's ready'