Real Madrid: Takefusa Kubo agrees to Getafe loan move
AS understands that Real Madrid are in the process of completing a deal to take Kubo to Getafe and bring an early end to his unsuccessful loan stint at Villarreal.
Villarreal’s on-loan Real Madrid youngster Takefusa Kubo is closing in on a January switch to Getafe, having struggled for game time since joining the Submarino Amarillo on a year-long loan in the summer.
Kubo a peripheral figure at Villarreal since arrival on loan
Kubo, 19, has started just two LaLiga games in his time at Villarreal and AS understands that the Japan international has now agreed to spend the rest of the season on loan at Getafe instead.
Ahead of the mooted deal, Kubo was left out of Villarreal’s squad for Saturday’s LaLiga clash with Levante, which Unai Emery’s men won 2-1 courtesy of goals by Fer Niño and Gerard Moreno.
All that remains is for Madrid to reach an agreement with Villarreal, a step that is expected to be straightforward as the move appears to be in both sides’ interests.
Los Blancos are eager for Kubo to seek out more regular first-team football and would be able to keep a closer eye on him at Madrid-based Getafe, while the midfielder’s departure from the Estadio de la Cerámica would free up space in the Villarreal squad for potential mid-season recruits.
Getafe boss Bordalás eager to take Real Madrid starlet on loan
Getafe, whose head coach José Bordalás has pushed for Kubo’s loan signing, are to pay the player’s wages in full. He is not likely to arrive at the Coliseum Alfonso Pérez in time to make his debut in Tuesday’s Copa del Rey tie with Córdoba, but could be involved in Sunday week’s LaLiga visit to Elche.
In 688 minutes of football spread across 19 appearances in all competitions, Kubo has scored once and supplied three assists for Villarreal.
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT Global Citizen 2021 live online: singers, performances and concerts
- GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWN 2021 Why is the White House planning for a government shutdown?
- FOURTH STIMULUS CHECK Fourth stimulus check: how many signatures does the petition for the new payment have?
- SERIE A Honours even between Inter and Atalanta at San Siro
- PREMIER LEAGUE Enthralling Brentford-Liverpool clash ends with honours even
- SOCCER Man City: Guardiola "proud" after breaking record in Chelsea win