Leko named as Shanghai SIPG head coach
The Chinese club announced the appointment of Ivan Leko as the team's new head coach becoming the successor to Vitor Pereira.
Chinese club Shanghai SIPG announced on Friday that the Croatian Ivan Leko has been named as the football team's head coach replacing Vitor Pereira who led the club to their historic first league title in 2018.
Leko takes over in Shanghai
The Chinese club took to social media to make the announcement confirming that the former Royal Antwerp coach will be at the helm after Pereira's departure.
The 42-year-old won the Belgian league title with Club Brugge in 2018 before spending seven months at Al-Ain of theUAE in 2019. After that, he took charge of Royal Antwerp until last Wednesday when he resigned from his post to join the Chinese club.
Shanghai finished the last Chinese SIPG campaign in fourth place, two years after winning their first league title under former coach Pereira, and were eliminated from the AFC Champions League round of 16 by Japanese club Vissel Kobe.
Shanghai's current squad comprise some prominent players including ex-Chelsea's star Oscar and former West Ham player Marko Arnautovic after the departure of the highly-rated Brazilian, Hulk, who parted ways with the club after ACL elimination.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Does Medicaid cover dental? How can I find a clinic that accepts Medicaid?
- US NEWS Who controls gas prices in the United States? How can the price of gas go down?
- US NEWS Why are gas pricing increasing in October 2021?
- SOCIAL SECURITY How many numbers are in a Social Security Number?
- SOCCER Pelé moving 'closer to the goal' as Brazil great continues recovery
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE New setback for Atlético Madrid's Marcos Llorente