Tottenham keen to sign LA Galaxy defender Julián Araujo
According to The Sunday People, the Premier League side are preparing a 5-million-euro summer offer for the United States international.
A few weeks ago, it was reported that Juventus are keen on signing Los Angeles Galaxy defender Julián Araujo for the 2021/2022 season. The 19-year-old is one of the top young talents in Major League Soccer and thanks to Weston McKennie’s performances for the ‘Old Lady’ many clubs are turning their eyes to the United States league.
Spurs reportedly readying 5m-euro bid for Araujo
Now it is reported by The Sunday People that Tottenham Hotspur want to sign Araujo before Juventus do, and they are preparing a 5-million-euro offer. Currently Spurs have quite a lot of depth at right-back with Serge Aurier and Matt Doherty being the first two options for head coach José Mourinho.
It seems that the Portuguese is planning for the future, because according to the latest report, Tottenham would bring in Araujo in the summer for the 2021/2022 season. This wouldn’t be the first time the Premier League side have signed a full-back from MLS, because in 2014 they bought DeAndre Yedlin from Seattle Sounders.
Yedlin had an impressive World Cup performance with the United States, but he was unable to make an impact at Spurs. He only made one appearance and in 2015 he was loaned to Sunderland just months after arriving in the Premier League. On 24 August 2016 he was sold to Newcastle United for 5 million euros and he has remained there since.
Recommended in English
- NBA Ricky enjoying the present: "It's not a cliché, it's a lifestyle"
- NFL Chiefs record 12th successive win over Broncos
- NFL What happened with Ravens' failed two-point conversion against the Steelers in Week 13
- NFL Patrick Mahomes on what the Kansas City Chiefs need
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Casemiro in no doubt that Mbappé is compatible with Vinicius
- MANCHESTER UNITED Chris Armas: who is the US coach set to join Manchester United?