Los Angeles Galaxy sign Jorge Villafaña for next season
The five time MLS Cup champions have signed defender Jorger Villafaña from Portland Timbers and a 2021 Natural 1st Round MLS SuperDraft Pick.
With the signing of the new head coach Greg Vanney, the Los Angeles Galaxy are starting to move forward and build the team ahead of the 2021 Major League Soccer season. The five time MLS Cup champions announced on Tuesday the acquisition of Jorge Villafaña from Portland Timbers.
- United States of America
*Update 12 de enero de 2021
In this transaction the LA Galaxy also acquired a 2021 Natural 1st Round MLS SuperDraft pick (16th overlap) from the Timbers in exchange for theirs 2021 Natural 1st Round SuperDraft pick (8th overall). Portland may also receive additional Allocation Money based on the defender's performance with the LA Galaxy at the end of the season.
“Jorge is a talented veteran defender with extensive experience playing at a high level in Major League Soccer,” said LA Galaxy General Manager Dennis te Kloese. “We are confident in his ability to contribute to our club on the field, in our locker room and in our community. We are excited to welcome Jorge home and have him join our club.”
Villafaña returns to California
The 31-year-old defender was born in Anaheim, California. In addition to his years in Portland he has played in the Liga MX with Santos Laguna and has 21 appearances for the United States men’s national team. Villafaña helped the Timbers to win the 2015 MLS Cup and the 2020 MLS is Back tournament.
Te recomendamos en English
- LIGUE 1 | ROTHEN Mbappé attitude under scrutiny amid Pochettino comments
- PORTUGAL Pepe recalls landing in Portugal from Brazil: "Have you anything to eat? I don't have any money..."
- NBA Lakers cruise as Bucks, Celtics extend winning streaks
- NBA James Harden confident about Durant, Irving connection: "We're all unselfish"
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Koeman's Super Cup plans depend on Messi
- CORONAVIRUS What's the difference between the third stimulus check & Biden's rescue plan?